Bell at city hall
Fisk holbrook Day house
2 of your teams bikes on a bus
Receipt for less then a dollar
A copy of The Onion
2 different Chinese Menus
Someone buried in the volleyball court at Hart Park
Mooning an Amtrak train
Police car with the lights on
in a dumpster
on the trestle at Watertown Plank Road and Mayfair road
Large map of the USA
Large map of Wisconsin
A large 100' snake
Holding a baby
An adult in a shopping cart
Top of a parking garage
Rubbing of a tombstone
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Alright all you chuckleheads, here's what you need to know for this years Tour of Tosa: It's a 2-part event - a Scavenger Hunt followed by a Relay Crit Race dreamed up by My Bad Ol' Self one night in PBR/NyQuil/Pepperoni Pizza induced state of delirium. You'll be divided up into teams of 4-5 people, get a map and instructions and get turned loose. to wreck havoc on my fair city. You'll need a Digital Camera for your team as you must provide proof that you've gone to all the sto0o0opid places I send you. After you complete your map, you'll return to the start for another map and repeat the steps until I get bored with you. After a break for scoring, the top teams in the Scavenger Hunt will then complete in the Figure 8 of Death Relay Race - on bikes scavenged out of the 'Tosa city dump. The winning team takes home the Stack of Cash. Got it? Either way, just show up or we'll talk about you later.
- 10am Start - This means be there and ready to go by 10am. Be late and you may miss out.
- 3pm or so finish - 'Nuff said.
- $5 - This is the cost on entry - or $4 if you bring some non-perishable food items for the local food pantry.
- Hoyt Park - This is where we start/end. You'll stop back there a few times during the day so you can always stash extra clothes or food/beverages in the car as needed.
- Where is Hoyt Park? - In Wauwatosa of course - HERE - parking lot entrance is on Swan Blvd just south of Menomonee River Parkway.
- Teams - 4 or 5 people to a team. If you cannot afford a team, one will be appointed for you. Your team must stay together.
- Bike - It's mostly city riding, but there are a few off-road sections, some gravel and some grassy sections. I'd recommend either a Cyclocross, a MTB or your commuting rig. A carpet-fibre road bike is just plain silly - even on this ride.
- Clothes - It's a casual event so full teamkit is in the overkill zone. You'll be on and off your bike alot , but will be riding 25-30 miles. Here's what the "Winning" team wore last year. Please note the now missing People's MiniVan - you automatically win if you find it and bring it back during the event.
- Helmets - It's a free country, and there's a really large hospital near by so we most likely will be able to get you there in plenty of time to harvest your other organs. Your choice.
- Pubs, Bars, Taverns, Saloons and Gentlemen's Clubs - None on the list of stops as this ride is open to all ages. Feel free to bring a 6'r for afterwards though.
- Bribery - Bribery of the Official is not an upstanding form of competition, but this is me were talkin' about.
Give a shout out on the comments if you're planing on coming so I can get an idea on attendance. The Wauwatosa Police Department only has 1 paddy wagon and the've poliely asked for a head count incase they need to rent a back up.
Posted by The Shed Master at 3:00 PM
Monday, October 19, 2009
Join me on November 1st for the 2nd Annual Tour of Tosa. In this crazy event you'll be sent out in teams for a scavenger hunt. The top teams will then advance to the Infamous "Figure 8 of Death Relay Race" where the grand champions will be crowned.
All are welcome!
You must bring:
Free Verbal Abuse!
- Bike -there's some off-road sections so a mtb or cross bike would be ideal, but last year we had a few fix gear nuts.
- Digital Camera - if you have one, ok if you don't
- Sense of Adventure - trust me on this or you'll be sobbing mess and I'll send you home to cry to someone who cares.
- $5 - winning team takes the pot. Money makes everyone race harder.
This event will last from 10am until about 3ish so plan ahead and bring a lunch.
----More Details to follow----
?'s - lets have 'em.
Posted by The Shed Master at 9:00 PM